Re: sendfile64()?

From: Ingo Oeser (ingo.oeser@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Tue Jun 04 2002 - 11:36:06 EST

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 05:24:41PM +0300, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> It does not exist in (32 bit) kernel, mostly because it doesn't
> make much sense.. Implementing it should be trivial, once
> somebody can show real meaningfull use for it.

Copy over hard disk images, serving video files (not streams!),
serving database blobs etc.

Doing this only involving pagecache is not beneficial at all?

I'm not an expert in this area, but this would be my preferred
way to implement the above.

Regards

Ingo Oeser

--
Science is what we can tell a computer. Art is everything else. --- D.E.Knuth