[patch] i386 "General Options" - begone [take 2]

From: Brad Hards (bhards@bigpond.net.au)
Date: Sun Jun 02 2002 - 22:18:09 EST

This patch (a minor update on one that I accidently left lkml out of the To:)
removes the "General Options" top level config menu from the i386 build for
2.5.20. It didn't describe what it was doing, and it contained a broad
collection of mostly unrelated configuration options.
To replace it, you now get:
"Power management options (ACPI, APM)", which also includes software suspend.
"Bus options (PCI, PCMCIA, EISA, MCA, ISA)"
"Executable file formats"

While moving software suspend, I also took the chance to tweak the Config.help
entry.

To all those who don't like the expansion in top level directories - I agree,
and have the genesis of a plan to build a more logical grouping (eg getting
the various mass storage options together, getting the various networking
options together, etc). One step at a time though, especially since that
would affect multiple architectures.

Brad

--
http://conf.linux.org.au. 22-25Jan2003. Perth, Australia. Birds in Black.