Re: Linux 2.2.21-rc4

From: Rob Landley (landley@trommello.org)
Date: Thu May 16 2002 - 09:06:45 EST

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 04:39 pm, Alan Cox wrote:
> Unless something bad turns up this will be the final 2.2.21.
>
> 2.2.21rc4
> o SiS900 updates (Mufasa Yang)

I wonder if this (or another known patch) fixes an SiS900 problem I've been
experiencing on 2.4.18. When you unplug and plug back in the cat 5 cable
(forcing it to redetect the link), it starts dropping packets like mad until
the next reboot. Ping shows this up nicely...

I reported this problem a week or two back...

http://lists.insecure.org/linux-kernel/2002/May/0629.html

...but haven't really followed up yet. (It's a "don't do that then" at the
moment.) I should probably go ask Donald Becker. (I should also try
compiling as a module and doing insmod/rmmod and see if that fixes it, but
that's not really a fix, it's another workaround...)

Rob