2.5-dj merging status.

From: Dave Jones (davej@suse.de)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 12:07:37 EST

I just pushed the best part of another 1MB worth of bits
to Jeff & Linus, in the vain hope of getting my tree under 5MB
away from mainline by the end of the month (yeah right).

Anyway. here's a list of some of the bigger pieces that are left
in my tree, along with the grand merging masterplan..

Hopefully by the end of the weekend, quite a few more from the
pending list will also be gone Linuswards.

        Dave.

+ means this has gone to Linus or Jeff Garzik today.

Pending:
+ hch's kthread abstraction
+ hch's kill obsolete blk.h bits
+ bgersts romfs sb cleanup
+ manfreds dynamic ldt
+ Death of SYMBOL_NAME pt.1
+ numerous jiffy wrap fixes
+ Numerous network driver fixes
o x86 io.h cleanup
o SIGIO FIFO/Pipes
o lots of request_region cleanups
o several remaining strtok -> strsep conversions
o various suser -> capability checks
o lots of silly bits, like missing MODULE_LICENSE tags
o Lots of documentation/Config.help updates
o floppy driver & PNPBIOS interaction fix.
o Several POSIX/SUS compliance fixes
o Randy's ikconfig
o Yet more kdev_t fixes.
o Several new watchdog drivers.
o Various filesystem updates from 2.4

Being pushed by maintainer:
o New framebuffer code (~2MB)
o New input layer (~1MB)
o New console/tty layer (~512KB)
o ALSA OSS fixes. (~512KB)

Won't merge:
o VM updates from 2.4.x.

Won't merge unless asked by $maintainer
o Manfreds OOM handling for winbond NIC
o Various wireless NIC updates.
o SiS DRM
o MTD updates

Things unlikely to merge yet:
o mikaels UP micro-optimisation
o SCSI error handling breakage
o Various SCSI driver updates
    | Doug is sorting through these

Things to drop soon.
o AACRAID (Alan will merge when ready)
o Bits from m68k and other niche architectures.
    | $Maintainers already have these bits, and will take care of later.
o Some of the 2.4 VM bits.