kernel 2.5.10 problems

From: dmacbanay@softhome.net
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 18:58:14 EST

This is the first time I've posted to this forum. Usually when I have a
problem with a kernel other people are having the same problem and it gets
fixed relatively quickly. But I've been experiencing some problems that
haven't been going away. If more information is needed then what I have
given here please let me know. I am using a SOYO K7VTA-B with a VIA 82C686B
chipset and a Duron 750mhz processor.

1. Cannot mount IDE-SCSI cd drive. This problem has been mentioned
previously by others. Errors occur when trying to mount it.

2. When ACPI support is installed the kernel gives a "Keyboard not found"
error when booting and I have to push the reset switch to reboot. This
problem has also been mentioned before but I don't think anyone has related
it to the ACPI support.

3. Starting sometime after kernel 2.5.1 (I couldn't compile any kernels
from then up until 2.5.5) the Evolution email program locks up whenever
Calender, Tasks, or Contacts is selected. I have to go to another terminal
and kill it.

4. Starting with kernel 2.5.6 (kernels 2.5.5 through 2.5.6-pre3 work) the
KDE program krecord closes right after it starts.

5. With the new ALSA routines built-in is it possible to get the midi
output port on a Soundblaster PCI 512 to work? I haven't been able to get
it to function yet.

Thank you in advance for your help

David Macbanay