Re: BK, deltas, snapshots and fate of -pre...

From: Kai Henningsen (kaih@khms.westfalen.de)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 15:53:00 EST

dledford@redhat.com (Doug Ledford) wrote on 22.04.02 in <20020422165327.A914@redhat.com>:

> On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 10:29:19PM +0200, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes. Why should I have to cut and paste (assuming I'm in X) or
> > > write down
> >
> > What??? What kind of system are you running? Err... redhat supports
> > cut and paste I thought. <-- funnny.
>
> Depends on what you use to read the file containing the URL. Obviously,
> if I'm Al Viro I'm on a text console and wouldn't use a mouse if you
> cemented it in my hand, so cut and paste isn't an option.

I have no idea about Al, but while I do spend most of my time on the
console, I do use a mouse there for cut and paste. Long live gpm.

> real docs, switch to X or install lynx on my system, go to URL. It's a

You don't have lynx installed on a development machine?! *boggle*

How about links? W3m? Hell, wget?

> Those were the relevant points you blithely skipped because you know they
> are true and hurt your position. Selective response is something you've
> been practicing in this entire thread.

The debating tactics used in this thread - on more than one side - are
nothing to be proud about.

Could we not try to figure out ways to make Linux better, instead of
digging for ways to make each other look bad?

MfG Kai