Dissociating process from bin's filesystem

From: Eric Buddington (eric@ma-northadams1b-46.bur.adelphia.net)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 21:47:14 EST

Is there any way to dissociate a process from its on-disk binary? In
other words, I want to start 'foo_daemon', then unmount the filesystem
it started from. It seems to me this would be reasonably accomplished
by loading the binary completely into memory first ro eliminate the
dependence.

Is this possible, or planned? Are there intractable problems with it
that I don't see?

Eric Buddington