[ANNOUNCE] Linux Trace Toolkit 0.9.5

From: Karim Yaghmour (karim@opersys.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 17:08:28 EST

LTT 0.9.5 has now been released.

A very large number of enhancements have been added since 0.9.4. This
is a summary:
o S/390 port
o SuperH port
o MIPS port
o Cross-platform trace reading capabilities
o Updated RTAI support
o User-space events (LibUserTrace)
o Binary traces accessible through user-space library (LibLTT)
o Visualizer enhancements
o Dynamic modification of trace masks
o Autoconf/autobuild build system integration

For the full detail of the additions, see the news section of the
project's website.

Since LTT is close to 3 years old, it has become a large body of
software. To facilitate easy understanding of what LTT does and what
it doesn't, I've added a "features" description on the project's
front page: http://www.opersys.com/LTT/index.html#features

The list of events traced LTT had been previously documented in
some of the articles I presented about the tool. In order to
facilitate access, I've added an online version of the events
list: http://www.opersys.com/LTT/trace-points.html

As I said earlier, a 2.5.x patch is available and LTT is ready to
be integrated into the 2.5 series.

LTT's website is: http://www.opersys.com/LTT

Cheers,

Karim