Re: hdc: lost interrupt (only when ripping audio cd)

From: Erik Steffl (steffl@bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 05:09:48 EST

  new info:

  it was suggested (private email) that it might work better when using
ide-scsi, however audio ripping doesn't work anyway (the rest works),
when trying to rip audio CD I get the following messages and ripping is
VERY slow:

Apr 23 03:02:09 localhost kernel: scsi : aborting command due to timeout
: pid 1717, scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0 UNKNOWN(0xbe) 04 00 00 02 2d
00 00 4b 10 00 00
Apr 23 03:02:09 localhost kernel: hdc: lost interrupt
Apr 23 03:02:09 localhost kernel: ide-scsi: The scsi wants to send us
more data than expected - discarding data
Apr 23 03:02:09 localhost kernel: ide-scsi: transferred 28224 of 30576
bytes

  BTW I tried the cd writer on different ide position (as slave on ide0
- /dev/hdb, normally it's master on ide 1 - /dev/hdc), it was exactly
the same.

  any ideas? TIA

        erik

  original info about the problem quoted below: