Re: Announce: Kernel Build for 2.5, Release 2.1 is available

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 18:54:12 EST

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 01:04:12 +0200,
Daniel Phillips <phillips@bonn-fries.net> wrote:
>On Tuesday 23 April 2002 01:00, Keith Owens wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 16:32:35 +0200,
>> Daniel Phillips <phillips@bonn-fries.net> wrote:

>> >Have you got an update on first-time build performance?
>>
>> 30% faster than the existing kernel build system.
>
>Egad. And we're waiting for what, exactly?

For me to be satisfied that the code is stable, the rewrite with go
faster stripes is less than four weeks old.

For more arch maintainers to convert 2.5.8/arch/$(ARCH) to kbuild 2.5.
i386 is converted, I am working on ia64, Tom Duffy is working on
sparc64, Greg Banks is working on superh. I would like patches for
ppc, s390, alpha etc. as well but will go without them if necessary,
they can catch up later.

Then I will contact Linus.