PROBLEM: /proc/mounts: \r not escaped

From: Christer Palm (palm@nogui.se)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 16:01:18 EST

Hi all!

Sorry to bother you all with a minor issue like this, but I didn't find
a procfs or general filesystem maintainer on the MAINTAINERS list...

The mangle() function in fs/namespace.c used to escape certain
characters in the /proc/mounts output should probably escape '\r' in
addition to those already escaped. This is because '\r' is recognized as
whitespace by some potential tokenization methods - most notably
scanf("%s") - and because it can cause confusing output from 'cat
/proc/mounts' or similar.

Not that your everyday mountpoints have names containing '\r'. OTOH, nor
is the case with '\t', which, I guess, is on the list for the very same
reason.

Cheers,

--
Christer Palm

--- linux-2.5.8/fs/namespace.c Sun Apr 14 21:18:54 2002 +++ linux-2.5.8/fs/namespace.c.palm Mon Apr 22 21:48:02 2002 @@ -184,7 +184,7 @@

static inline void mangle(struct seq_file *m, const char *s) { - seq_escape(m, s, " \t\n\\"); + seq_escape(m, s, " \t\n\r\\"); }

static int show_vfsmnt(struct seq_file *m, void *v)