Re: BK, deltas, snapshots and fate of -pre...

From: Doug Ledford (dledford@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 16:21:30 EST

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 11:05:11PM +0200, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> Would everybody with no mouse on their system please stand up, and leave
> the room.
>
> Seriously, you're trolling.

No more so than your bandwidth argument...pot->kettle.

> > I put my docs on my web site because that's what I owned/controlled and it
> > was relevant to people already coming to my web site. That in no way
> > indicates that your position is correct, especially since you ignored to
> > truly relevant item in my email:
>
> I'm actually trying to do a little work as well as handle all the input
> from the Bitkeeper moonies, thankyou.
>
> Err, did I say moonies, sorry I meant advocates, err, apologists, umm.

Right, nice personal attack to deflect the arguments I actually wrote. If
you aren't going to answer the arguments, then why do you even bother to
reply? If you are falling behind due to the load of incoming mail then it
seems bass-ackwards to make non-sense replies and arguments that are
unnecessary instead of actually responding to the real arguments made.

BTW, I've never used BK. I've never actually even gone to the BK web
site. That's probably why I haven't bothered to read the submitting
patches using BK *HOWTO* doc in the kernel doc area.

> Sorry, I just meant I've been getting a lot of email lately, some of it
> is too long to read every word. Unless you are a spectacularly good
> writer, expect some of your deathless prose to drop through the cracks.

Wow, more personal attack whilst cutting the actual arguments out. That's
always a good way to win an argument. <imagine the sarcastic tone of
voice> Of course, that's why I repeated the two points, one of which you
again cut.

> > One place for relevant information, from start to finish.
>
> Right. bitkeeper.com, any argument?

Yeah. I'll go to bitkeeper.com to learn about how to use bitkeeper. I
don't expect nor want to go there to learn about how to send a patch to
Linus. It's not the appropriate venue for that information.

> He agreed it was an advertisement.
>
> --
> Daniel

Hmmm....Daniel stopped his reply before he even got to the really
important arguments in my email. Guess that just means I win those points
by default which should pretty much settle this entire issue. All BK
advocacy docs need to be transferred to bitkeeper.com. All valid HOWTO
docs relating to kernel patch submission (whether via diff+email or via
BK) should report to the kernel doc directory where they belong.

--
  Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com>     919-754-3700 x44233
         Red Hat, Inc.