Re: BK, deltas, snapshots and fate of -pre...

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 12:53:40 EST

> > On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 07:34:49PM +0200, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> > > How about a URL instead? Any objection?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> And that objection is?

My objection is that you are singling out one thing that you don't like and
attempting to impose your will on a project which is not under your control.
In the US, we still have some semblance of free speech rights and you are
stomping all over those rights. Your position would be somewhat stronger
if you were applying the same metric to all aspects of the kernel, which
you are not, but even then I would object based on the fact that it isn't
your job to police the kernel for political correctness. If you want that
to be your job, go form your own project and impose whatever rules you see
fit.

--
---