XFS in the main kernel

From: Dan Yocum (yocum@fnal.gov)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 10:10:44 EST

Linus, et al.

I know it's been discussed to death, but I am making a formal request to you
to include XFS in the main kernel. We (The Sloan Digital Sky Survey) and
many, many other groups here at Fermilab would be very happy to have this in
the main tree.

Currently the SDSS has ~20TB of XFS filesystems, most of which is in our 14
fileservers and database machines. The D-Zero experiment has ~140 desktops
running XFS and several XFS fileservers. We've been using it since it was
released, and have found it to be very reliable.

I'll even attempt to bribe you with homebrew beer - would that help?? ;-)

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Yocum
Sloan Digital Sky Survey, Fermilab  630.840.6509