Re: AMD 760MPX B2 stepping

From: Nicolae P. Costescu (nick@strongholdtech.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 02:40:41 EST

Steve
Just put 3 of these together and they seem to work fine (Tyan 2466N-4M,
2x1.6GHz Athlon MP processors - make sure you are using MP and not XP -
Tyan won't certify the XP for SMP and a lot of people complain about
stability with the XPs in an SMP config).

There is a catch - they only work with "single bank" dimms (64x4 for 512MB
dimm). The vendor shipped me a mix of 64x4 and 32x8 512MB dimms, and the
32x8's would not even POST. Tyan's web site indicates the board should work
with the 32x8 as well (in fact they list the ATP/Samsung part # of the
DIMMs I was sent, both 64x4 and 32x8). However, since I've tried 6 DIMMS
and 3 motherboards, I feel confident in saying they are WRONG :)

Good luck.
Nick