Re: 3c509 problem in 2.4.3

From: Kristian Peters (kristian.peters@korseby.net)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 02:21:34 EST

"Sean Rima" <fido@tcob1.net> wrote:
> I use a 3Com 3c509 which I have used okay under 2.2.20. However when I compiled abd installed 2.4.18, the card was no longer available. The card was installed via the 3Com utilty disk, and auto set,
> which gave it settings of io 0x210 and IRQ 10. To use under 2.4.18 I have to boot dos, change it to io 0x200 and irq 7.
>
> Okay, this is not major but I have heard of others having problems with the 3c509 driver.

I've never seen problems with the driver. Have you tried to pass some parameters like io=0x200 irq=10 to insmod when loading the module ? The only thing known to all isa cards is autodetection.

net-modules.txt sais:

3c509.c:
        io = 0
        irq = 0
        ( Module load-time probing Works reliably only on EISA, ISA ID-PROBE
          IS NOT RELIABLE! Compile this driver statically into kernel for
          now, if you need it auto-probing on an ISA-bus machine. )

Or put something like that to your modules.conf:

options 3c509 io=0x200 irq=10

*Kristian

  :... [snd.science] ...:
 :: _o)