Re: power off (again)

From: Akkana (akkana@shallowsky.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 00:39:31 EST

Christian Schoenebeck writes:
> I tried: APM only, ACPI only and I'm not really sure, but I think I also
> tried ACPI & APM, but AFAIK this automatically enables just one of them

Another data point: VIA KT266 chipset (MSI mobo) and ALI Magick1 chipset
(Soyo mobo), kernels 2.4.7, 2.4.17 and 2.4.18: enabling ACPI makes the
system power down correctly. It doesn't matter whether APM is enabled,
nor whether "use real mode APM to power down" is enabled. Single
processor, no SMP support in the kernel. (Distro kernels tested:
stock Redhat 7.1, 7.2, and Mandrake 8.1 kernels do not power the
system down; the stock SuSE 7.3 kernel does.)

        ...Akkana