Re: possible GPL violation involving linux kernel code

From: Sean Neakums (sneakums@zork.net)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 15:54:20 EST

commence Chris Abbey quotation:

> Today, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>> Blah. First thing you'd do if you were serious would be to contact
>> Promise.
>
> As I am not the copyright holder of the material in question I can
> not do that. Only the copyright holder can, at least in this
> country.

You cannot ENFORCE the license, but you could have certainly sent them
a polite message, drawing their attention to the matter. It could
have been a simple mistake, but you don't know, because you decided to
"send a precise report to the copyright holders" by sending a message
to a widely-read mailing list. This is very different to sending a
message to the FSF, who will typically begin by sending a polite
e-mail.

--
 /////////////////  |                  | The spark of a pin
<sneakums@zork.net> |  (require 'gnu)  | dropping, falling feather-like.