Kernel 2.4.x and gcc version

From: Yannis Mitsos (gmitsos@telecom.ntua.gr)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 06:25:34 EST

Hi,

I am a member of a small team which is trying to port Linux to
Infineon's TriCore processor.
The gcc version that is available for the aforementioned processor is 2.8.1.
On the other hand the aforementioned processor does not embed a MMU, so
we are using the uClinux patch with the 2.4.x kernel.

I am wondering if with the 2.8.1 version we will be able to obtain a
reliable 2.4.x kernel. According to the /Documentation/Changes file the
gcc 2.95.3 is required...

Between the gcc version 2.8.1 and the 2.95.3 some extra flags and
options have been added, but are all these requisite for ALL the
processors ???

Regards

Yannis Mitsos