Re: [DEADLOCK] automount, kupdated: D state

From: Anton Altaparmakov (aia21@cam.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 09:59:33 EST

At 19:22 05/04/02, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
>I was saving my daily work on an IDE disk.
>I use automounter. On an attempt to mount it several processes
>got stuck in D state.
>
>kernel: 2.5.7 + new NTFS driver
>ps and ksymoopsed parts of Alt-Sysrq-T output are attached.
>ksymoops warnings trimmed except automount.dump.ksymoops
>(they were the same).

 From looking at the information supplied, NTFS doesn't seem to be
involved. The processes seem to be stuck trying to write dirty buffers as
well as in nfs and pipefs - buffers could never get dirtied by the current
NTFS as it is entirely read-only.

btw. You had sent a problem report about cyrillic names with NTFS and I
suggested to try the new NTFS driver but you never got back to me whether
that fixed it or not... How is the new driver behaving? Are you stil seing
problems or is everything working fine now?

Best regards,

Anton

--
   "I've not lost my mind. It's backed up on tape somewhere." - Unknown
Linux NTFS Maintainer / WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/