CD-ROM eject/load problems

From: Ingo Oeser (ingo.oeser@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 09:46:55 EST

Hi Jens,
hi list readers,

I experience problem with my CD-ROM drive since one week.

I use the automounter, cdplay and xine to access it. After some
usage it tries to eject if I open the device and vice versa.

If I run a continous loop of

   while true; do cdplay; done

my drive will continously eject and load the tray.

I could not find anything about this in the archive. If it is a
known problem, please tell me. If not, I would appriciate your
help of course ;-)

PS: Attached is my config, a summary of hardware and software
   information and the offending log entries.

Thanks & Regards

Ingo Oeser

--
Science is what we can tell a computer. Art is everything else. --- D.E.Knuth
              http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/linux/tag/