Re: BUG REPORT: kernel nfs between 2.4.19-pre2 (server) and 2.2.21-pre3 (client)

From: Stephan von Krawczynski (skraw@ithnet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 12:15:16 EST

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:07:50 +0300
Oleg Drokin <green@namesys.com> wrote:

> > Maybe my mkreiserfs util is old, and I should try recreating the volumes
> > with a newer version? Were there "suspicious" changes during 3.6 format?
>
> Not any I am aware of.

Hello Oleg,

I just re-created the questionable fs (both) with a freshly compiled
util-package (reiserfsprogs-3.x.1b) and now things are even more weird:

It now works, depending on which fs I mount first. Remeber both are completely
new 3.6 fs. I can really reproduce mounting "a", then "b" works, but first
mounting "b", then "a" has the problem. Did you try something like this (play
with the mounting sequence)?

Regards,
Stephan