Re: SCSI-Problem with AM53C974

From: Kurt Garloff (garloff@suse.de)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 06:30:39 EST

Hi Marion,

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 03:39:58PM +0100, Marion Steiner wrote:
> There is a problem with the AM53C974 Scsi-driver (Revision 0.5,
> kernel 2.4.x) and the DawiControl DC-2974.
>
> The driver finds an AM53C97 based Scsi-Board but it can't initialise it and
> so hangs the computer. Here what's written in /var/log/messages while trying
> to modprobe AM53C97:

Can you try the attached patch please? Patch is against 2.4.18.

It makes the AM53C974 driver register its IO-space and will make detection
fail, if there are no adapters found with available IO-space.

The tmscsim driver (which I maintain) does already register its IO space
correctly, so this patch should make sure that not both of them try to drive
the same piece of hardware.

Please report back, whether it works, so I can ask Marcelo to include it.

Regards,

--
Kurt Garloff  <garloff@suse.de>                          Eindhoven, NL
GPG key: See mail header, key servers         Linux kernel development