Sony VAIO GR, 1394 port not receiving IRQ

From: G. Clark Haynes (gchaynes@umich.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 00:42:34 EST

I have a relatively new Sony laptop, purchased last summer, which fails to
receive an IRQ for its 1394 port (firewire). I suspect the problem here
is the PCI subsystem, and not the Firewire drivers. I have already
contacted the linux1394 developers, but since this problem is most likely
something between the bios and the kernel, I'm hoping some of you could
shed some light on it.

Upon trying to activate the ohci1394 module, the kernel complains that it
cannot accesst the shared IRQ 0. Why it is being assigned IRQ 0, I do not
know. Any help??

I have been running tests by inputting various pci=option[,option...]
flags at boot time, but none of them seem to make a large change to the
PCI settings. The output from "lspci -vvx" is attached.

Clark Haynes, gchaynes@umich.edu
Artificial Intelligence Lab
University of Michigan