Problems using new Linux-2.4 bitkeeper repository.

From: James Bottomley (James.Bottomley@steeleye.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 21:38:16 EST

How do those of us who've been using the

http://gkernel.bitkeeper.net/marcelo-2.4

for development resync against the kernel24.bkbits.net tree? It looks like
the changes from 2.4.18-pre8 onwards all have different patch IDs in the new
tree; so when I try to do a pull from my current repository I get tons of
conflicts, if I try to do a receive of just the patch set I get a resync error:

takepatch: can't find parent ID
        jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com|ChangeSet|20020225230300|18879
        in RESYNC/SCCS/s.ChangeSet

The thought of taking everything back to the common ancestor and then trying
to apply the changes one at a time and adding the change logs by hand isn't
that appealing (I have 3 2.4 repositories, some with upwards of 10 additional
change sets in them).

James