Kernel SCM: When does CVS fall down where it REALLY matters?

From: Jonathan A. George (JGeorge@greshamstorage.com)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 18:51:46 EST

I am considering adding some enhancements to CVS to address deficiencies
which adversely affect my productivity. Since it would obviously be
nice to have a completely free (or even GPL :-) tool which is not
considered to consist of unacceptable compromises in the process of
kernel development I would like to know what the Bitkeeper users
consider the minimum acceptable set of improvements that CVS would
require for broader acceptance. Obviously the tremendous set of
features that Bitkeeper has are nice, but I'd like to narrow the
comparative flaws to a manageable set.

Any comments would benefit all of the free SCM projects by at least
helping to provide a guiding light.

--Jonathan--