Re: Linux 2.4.18-ac1

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linuxdiskcert.org)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 06:22:54 EST

Use caution but I should have removed the generic ablity to enable
taskfile IO operations core as there is an atomic bug discovered upon
error in multi-mode write. As long as you do not call enable that option
all is cool.

This is the same bug in 2.5.4/2.5.5.

However the case of excution in the development environment suffers for an
policy imposed on the driver cores. This will be explained once I have at
least stablized that transport.

I made one key mistake and that is keep a comman method of entry out the
main loop, since applying an extract from the diagnostics API, but even
there I made and error but it is not fatal under those conditions.

Thus I have pulled the patches for now for 2.4.X, but those do not have
the ablity to enable other transport layer core, so if this was the update
applied all is COOL!

Cheers,