Re: AMD 760 Dual MP support in 2.2.20

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 14:14:21 EST

> I am working with a client trying to get a 2.2.20 kernel to work on a
> Asus A7M266-D Revision 1.04 motherboard (Award Bios v6.0, Revision 1004)
> with a single Athlon MP 1500.

To get SMP working you will almost certainly neee 2.4

> The system boots buts recognizes none of the hardware except for a
> Promise Fastrack 100 controller and an Intel eepro100. /proc/pci
> displays everything as an Unknown device.

That is fine - use lspci.

> I checked the recent change logs for the 2.2.21 pre 1 and pre 2 kernel
> patches and didn't see anything regarding the AMD 760. Is this a known

All the AMD 760 work is being done in the 2.4 series. I have no plan to
backport anything but the BIOS fixups to 2.2. You should still get basic
slow PIO IDE from the onboard IDE and nothing should fail outright though.

Alan