re: Disgusted with kbuild developers

From: Dan Kegel (dkegel@ixiacom.com)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 13:16:26 EST

Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com> wrote:
> I would find this pathetic, if it didn't make me so mad.
> Making an end run around the system, are we, Eric?
>
> Small wonder the message below didn't make it to linux-kernel:
> suggestions would have been made that CML2 is DOA.
>
> ESR's message to the kbuild list:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=kbuild-devel&m=101373619625183&w=2
> The rest of the thread:
>
> For an open source "guru", Eric, you sure seem to like to turn to
> cronyism and secret meetings when the going gets tough.

>From my distant and peonic vantage point,
I don't see what the big deal is; Eric's messages
look perfectly fine. Perhaps he should have cc'd linux-kernel,
but you could also argue that kbuild-devel was
exactly the right place to post discussions of
the kernel build system. Eric is at worst guilty of
a minor misstep. Don't pillory him; he really is simply
trying to do a good job.

Besides, it's not smart to insult a man who carries a gun :-)
- Dan