Re: funny console prob w/2.4.18-pre[479]+kpreempt+sched-o(1)

From: Fernando Korndorfer (fernando@quatro.com.br)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 13:09:19 EST

Hi

      I'm having the same problems with X. It started 4 months ago, with X
lockups, terminal scrambling and eventual system lockups.
    With krnl 2.4.18-pre8 and XFree 4.2 it is working again (sort of), but
the garbage you mentioned is there. When I come back to console, there are
blinking colored chars on the screen and some times an arrow or an "X" (or
the last X cursor pointer) that came from X. In my opinion it was a
hardware problem, but for your comments I'm not sure anymore, but I'm sure
it's not a kernel nor XFree issue.
    I have to use a generic svga module, not the proper Savage4. Some
resolutions cause lockups, others don't.