Re: Linux 2.4.18-rc1

From: willy tarreau (wtarreau@yahoo.fr)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 08:41:07 EST

Hi Marcelo !

I just checked 2.4.18-rc1 on x86 with everything
(PIII/SMP/ACPI...).
I got 891 modules.
  - only tridentfb didn't compile ;
  - only wan/comx.o had an unresolved
    dependency (proc_get_inode).

At boot, the system hangs when displaying hda's
partitions : "<hda1> <hda2> <" *hang*
hda1 type is primary fat16 (6), hda2 is extended (5),
hda3 is primary linux (83).

At first I thought it came from all the partition
types I
had activated in "advanced partition selection", but
even when disabling it, it hangs. I'll try do disable
some
IDE options and filesystem types to see if it changes
something.

Regards,
Willy
PS: I can send the .config if someone wants.