sard patch for 2.4 - again

From: Jochen Suckfuell (jo-lkml@suckfuell.net)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 06:09:08 EST

Hello!

I want to ask if the sard patch by Stephen Tweedie will be included into
future 2.4 kernels. This patch collects hard disk statistics that are
important figures on productive systems.

I work for a software company that uses Linux on most of the servers and
many desktops. We're very interested in these enhanced statistics.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last release of the sard patch was for
2.4.0. In an src.rpm by Redhat I found a version of the patch that
applied to 2.4.18-pre7 (but still labeled 2.4.0). This updated patch
hasn't been mentioned on this list, and I didn't find it anywhere else
for download. But I'm sure that many others would be interested in this
patch.

Thanks,
Jochen Suckfuell