Re: 2.4.17[16] USB problem

From: Martin Diehl (lists@mdiehl.de)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 17:41:05 EST

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Nils Faerber wrote:

> What happens is that a special device attached via a USB HUB is not
> detected anymore, specifically usb.c claims that it cannot set the new
> address.
> The strange thing is:
> - It worked with that device (Brainboxes Bluetooth USB dongle) with
> earlier kernels.

Is this a buspowered device and if so, how much power does this drain from
the USB? I'm asking because I've just solved (kind of) a similar issue
with a 400mA device when I introduced the missing
connect-detect-to-port-reset debounce delay.

> The error messages also show a strange behaviour of the Linux USB system:
> Why does hub.c set the address and then usb.c tries the same again?

hub.c selects the address and calls usb_new_device from usb.c, which sets
(applies) the new address.

Martin