Re: thread_info implementation

From: Bjorn Wesen (bjorn.wesen@axis.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 08:01:13 EST

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, David S. Miller wrote:
> Where's the problem to compute them automatically?
>
> It requires ugly scripts that parse assembler files if you want it to
> work in a cross compilation requirement. Check out
> arch/sparc64/kernel/check_asm.sh and the "check_asm" rule in the
> Makefile or the same directory in older trees to see what I mean.

We cross-compile all the time and don't have to parse assembler-files,
just compile a c-file and include the resulting asm into entry.S:

/* linux/arch/cris/entryoffsets.c
 *
 * Copyright (C) 2001 Axis Communications AB
 *
 * Generate structure offsets for use in entry.S. No extra processing
 * needed more than compiling this file to assembly code. Horrendous
 * assembly code will be generated, so don't look at that.
 *
 * Authors: Hans-Peter Nilsson (hp@axis.com)
 */

/BW