Re: thread_info implementation

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 20:07:09 EST

   From: David Mosberger <davidm@hpl.hp.com>
   Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:01:24 -0800

   I hope you don't consider this a good argument to force all the other
   platforms to throw away their perfectly good low-core code.

I didn't have to change any of my locore code, what the heck
are you talking about? :-) All of the changes to _ANY_ assembly
on sparc64 looked like this:

- lduw [%g6 + AOFF_task_thread + AOFF_thread_flags], %l0
+ lduw [%g6 + TI_FLAGS], %l0

It actually cleaned up my locore code :-)

I think, in fact, the everything people have right now in
thread_struct should move to thread_info and we should kill
off thread_struct entirely. It has no reason to exist anymore.