Re: emu10k1 - interrupt storm?

From: Jakub Travnik (J.Travnik@sh.cvut.cz)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 17:49:44 EST

Hello and sorry for replying late,

I did experienced same problems with emu10k1 on 2.4.8 (as is in Mandrake 8.1).

After modprobing emu10k1, interrupts per second (as reported by vmstat)
start to increase and in few minutes they were as high as 70000 per second.
rmmod-ing emu10k1 caused number of interrupts per second to slowly decrease.

Following setting affected this:

In BIOS setup, PCI options:
Interrupts triggered by
1, edge
2, level

value 'edge' causes problems,
value 'level' makes thing work without problems.

If you are experiencing problems with this, set to 'level'.

Jakub Travnik
jabber://jtra@jabber.com