doubt About large socket buffers on 2.4 kernels

From: Akarapu Mahesh (mahesh_a6@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 15:58:48 EST

HI,
I am using 2.4.9-13 kernel. I want to use large socket buffers .I set
maximum values for /proc/sys/net/core/rmem_max and
/proc/sys/net/core/wmem_max and also made sure the maximum value is high for
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_wmem and /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_rmem. But when i run
some ttcp tests i observe that the advertised window of the receiver starts
from 5792 bytes even though i use large windows.I read that 2.4 kernels do
auto-tuning. Is there anyway i can make the advertised windows larger than
5792 . OR please suggest some resources where i can find the information
about the socket buffer implementations. I need this information very much

Awaiting a reply from some of you.

Thanks
Mahesh