Re: [RAID-soft,ATA,WD] problems with a RAID5 disc not detected

From: Cyrille Chepelov (cyrille@chepelov.org)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 16:49:32 EST

Le Mon, Feb 11, 2002, à 08:42:26AM +1100, Neil Brown a écrit:

> Are you sure that you set the partition type properly for the
> partitions in the new drive. i.e. set it to FD ??

I'm stupid.

Thanks a *lot* for pointing that out to me (I was sure I had done it, but
in fact I've done it on the other disc bought that day -- which sits in a
closet as a spare drive).

(I'm not going to retract my comments on Western Digital -- but at least
that thing works now)

        -- Cyrille (going to run and hide in my bed, after cfdisk'ing that
                    partition table)

--
Grumpf.