Re: sonypi in 2.4.18-pre9

From: Stelian Pop (stelian.pop@fr.alcove.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 05:07:45 EST

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 11:30:06PM +0100, Felix Seeger wrote:

> With kernel 2.4.17, spicctrl -p shows an error message:
> ioctl failed: Invalid argument

That's normal. Power status was added only in 2.4.18-pre1.
In your original mail hovewer, you seemed to state that spicctrl -b/-B
failed on those kernels.

> With kernel 2.4.18-pre9 it works fine, the only difference between the config
> is that I have enabled IO Device Support.
> I don't know what this is and maybe I don' need it.
> I've only activated it because of the error message (ioctl failed)

My question marks were because I don't know either what IO Device Support
means nor where you did select that. Unless you mean Sony I/O Control
Device Support...

Stelian.

--
Stelian Pop <stelian.pop@fr.alcove.com>