Re: ingress policing still not working in 2.4?

From: Marc Schiffbauer (marc.schiffbauer@links2linux.de)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 03:55:22 EST

* bert hubert schrieb am 10.02.02 um 00:56 Uhr:
> On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 11:48:50AM +0000, Marc Schiffbauer wrote:
> > RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory
>
> Get a newer tc, it appears to fix this problem.

Yes, the debian unstable package did it, thanks.

> > Before that I successfully did this:
> > # install root CBQ
> > DEV=ppp0
> > UPLINK=100
> > DOWNLINK=750
> > tc qdisc add dev $DEV root handle 1: cbq avpkt 1000 bandwidth 100mbit
>
> The WonderShaper!

What?

Ok, I changed the 10mbit to 100mbit because this is my LAN speed
here. I first didn't see, that the root handle is per device.

But
tc qdisc add dev $DEV root handle 1: cbq avpkt 1000 bandwidth 10mbit

is exactly the line from your HOWTO. So what will be proper values
for my DSL Line with 128kbit up and 768kbit downstream?

Regards
-Marc

--
BUGS My programs  never  have  bugs.  They  just  develop  random
     features.  If you discover such a feature and you want it to