Re: pull vs push (was Re: [bk patch] Make cardbus compile in -pre4)

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 15:26:49 EST

> > I also push it to my private version on bkbits.net, and it is supposed to
> > be automatically then pushed onwards to the public one that is at
> > http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5, but the infrastructure for that
> > isn't yet working.
>
> Ok, understood. While waiting for a 'proper' infrastructure', maybe
> a simple cron entry will do the job ? (since the bk pull from your
> private tree on bkbits to the public tree on bkbits is not supposed
> to ever fail or have merge errors...)

This is my problem. You could help if you could tell me what exactly
are the magic wands to wave such that you can ssh in without typing
a password. I know about ssh-agent but that doesn't help for this,
I know that in certain cases ssh lets me in without anything. I thought
there was some routine where you ssh-ed one way and then the other way
and it left enough state that it trusted you, does any ssh genuis out
there know what I'm talking about? If I have this, I can set up the
cron job, I'm sure this is obvious and I'm just overlooking something
but I can't find it.

> Anyway, just did a 'bk pull' once again and noticed than linux.bkbits.net
> has again the latest version. Thanks! (or thanks Larry, whatever is
> more appropriate :-)).

Yeah, I did it by hand. Hopefully automated by the end of the day.

--
---