Re: Promise PDC20268 spurious interrupt

From: Kenneth Johansson (ken@canit.se)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 13:00:48 EST

I don't see this problem but I have a PDC20262 ultra66 and have been running raid0
on that for 1.5 years but one disk broke down and I got a new one. This was a
newer model and thus faster.

The problem I see is that DD from the new disk hangs the system in interesting
ways from dd hangs in uninterruptible sleep to the whole system going down. This
happens on both channels but only on the new disk.

I get two errors in the log

hdg: timeout waiting for DMA
ide_dmaproc: chipset supported ide_dma_timeout func only: 14