Re: want opinions on possible glitch in 2.4 network error reporti ng

From: Ian Molton (spyro@armlinux.org)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 03:35:29 EST

On a sunny Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:08:24 -0500 (EST) Richard B. Johnson gathered
a sheaf of electrons and etched in their motions the following immortal
words:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Perches, Joe wrote:
> [SNIPPED..]
> > > That is correct UDP behaviour
> >
> > Do you think this is the correct PacketSocket/RAW behaviour?
>
> Yes.
>
> > How does one guarantee a send/sendto/write?
> > -
>
> Easy, you use send() or write(). These work on stream protocol TCP/IP

I know its an extreme case, but consider that something goes wrong and the
kernel ends up thinking its buffer is always full / zero lenngth /
something horrible.

I'd personally like it if it warned me it wasnt even trying to send my
packets, rather than just ignoring them completely...