2.4.17 instability with i2c ?

From: Shaf Ali (shaf@shaf.net)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 04:59:21 EST

Hi again,

I am having problems with a machine and cannot pin down why it's abruptly
rebooting...
I can find no messages in any of the logs !

My theories are pointing the blame towards the following configuration :
Redhat 7.2
kernel 2.4.17 patched with i2c-2.6.2.tar.gz.

I am about to attempt building a a fresh kernel... can anyone recommmend a
stable kernel or has anyone experienced problems with 2.4.17 patched with
i2c ?

Many thanks in advance,
Shaf