Re: Linux 2.4 NFS bug (annoying sylmlinx breakage)

From: Dylan Griffiths (dylang@thock.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 16:56:06 EST

Andreas Dilger wrote:
> Upgrade your kernel before reporting such bugs. I'm pretty sure it has
> already been fixed. Something about the NFSv3 calling an inappropriate
> (but similarly named) function in the symlink path.

I've looked at the 2.4.14 nfs fs code as it seemed client side.

         /* We place the length at the beginning of the page,
          * in host byte order, followed by the string. The
          * XDR response verification will NULL terminate it.
          */

I'm guessing nfs3xdr.c does not have this behaviour the code relies on. I
will grab 2.4.17 and see of the code/behaviour is different.

--
     www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culture, from the trenches.