Re: PDC20269 support in 2.2?

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 21:58:38 EST

Roy,

The day somebody pays for it and the check clears the bank or it is
requested by the 2.2.X kernel maintainer for inclusion. Since none of the
distros are willing to fund the development of the driver, it is now
market driven development. The companys maintain the chipset code, they
pay for updates for the new hardware, somebody who has the latest
hardware effected does a gpl good deed, and when it is convienent to do
busy work for kicks who knows. Since I recently totalled my Porsche and
technically should have died, I have more concerns than doing busy work
for something that does not produce an income (or a replacement toy car).
I suspect this had much to do with my irrational behavor lately. One
should note I have no excuse for the flames I blasted Jens with, nor any
explaination.

Regards,

Andre Hedrick
Linux ATA Development