Re: 2.4.16 with es1370 pci

From: Roeland Th. Jansen (roel@grobbebol.xs4all.nl)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 09:18:36 EST

On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 05:15:28PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> Boot withg the "noapic" option. Quite how your system has managed to
> lose an interrupt in the APIC hardware I don't know, but the APIC's
> certainly have bugs. It could also be an edge/level trigger but if the BIOS
> confused it because IRQ15 was for some kind of IDE device, but I see no
> evidence of that.

I also have had a lot of problems with /dev/dsp in a SMP setup and with
noapic, all at least lives for weeks without problems.

this was with a SB16, if that matters, with opensound.

--
Grobbebol's Home                        |  Don't give in to spammers.   -o)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bengel            | Use your real e-mail address   /\