Re: LSB1.1: /proc/cpuinfo

From: Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 08:03:58 EST

Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de>:
> |> I'm not very worried about this. On modern machines int == long
>
> You mean alpha, ia64, ppc64, s390x, x68-64 are not modern machines?

Well, S390 certainly isn't! :-)

If the PPC etc. have 32-bit ints then I stand corrected, but I thought the
compiler ports on those machines used the native register size same as
everybody else.

All forms of government are pernicious, including good government. -- Edward Abbey - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/