Re: ISA slot detection on PCI systems?

From: Horst von Brand (vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 13:16:43 EST

Alex <mail_ker@xarch.tu-graz.ac.at> said:

[...]

> Let's face the bare fact : Linux life could be *way* more comfortable...
> This stupid Win2k or even *brrr* XP ^H^H^H detects all the hardware
> fine when installing. Even ISA. So should Linux.

Yep. Like Linux getting the 3rd IDE on my ISA SB16 as a matter of course,
which WinNT claims doesn't exist. Like having to get a huge "driver" onto
WinNT for using a parallel Zip drive, which just works out of the box with
Linux. Or my notebook's (Win98se) network card driver, which hangs the
machine on boot if no network connection.

Don't get me started on "easy installation" and "autodetects everything"
with Windows.

Oh, wait. You are a troll, right?