Re: i686 SMP systems with more then 12 GB ram with 2.4.x kernel ?

From: Stephan von Krawczynski (skraw@ithnet.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 09:33:55 EST

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 11:28:45 -0200 (BRST)
Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br> wrote:

> Another item to look into is removing the page cache hash table
> and replacing it by a radix tree or hash trie, in the hopes of
> improving scalability while at the same time saving some space.

Ah, didn't we see such a patch lately in LKML? If I remember correct I saw some
comparison charts too and some people testing it were happy with it. Just
searched through the list: 24. dec :-) by Momchil Velikov Can someone with big
mem have a look at the saving? How about 18-pre?

Regards,
Stephan